Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Twelve Under $12: 2006 Carmen Chardonnay

For my "Twelve Under $12" series I once again turned to an old favourite, a 2006 Carmen Chardonnay, and I was not disappointed. Pale gold with notes of lemon, petrol, fresh cut grass and almond extract. Fresh, green, and juicy on the palate, minerally with really nice balance, a terrific example of this varietal. My second $12 success with this winery, it is hard not to like at this price. (typically cheaper elsewhere)
cork. 13.5% alcohol
Score: 14.5/20
Price: C$11.85 (SAQ)

Next up, a gem from Portugal, a disappointment from Mexico, cheap Torrontes and even a Romanian wine...

2 comments:

Marcus said...

Reading this reminded me that I have a coupon for this wine, so I went to go check if I still had it. I'm returning to say that I do and thanks for the recommendation.

Looking forward for your follow ups to the Portuguese in this cheapie series you've got going.

By the way, did you know that you and Bguy are posting, eerily, at exactly the same frequency in 2008. It's inspiring...

Joe said...

Hi Marcus - coupon? Not sure I have any other Portuguese follow ups - Romania, Spain, Cotes de Gascogne - usual suspects. Brooklynguy keeping pace with me? Of course he is! But where did Marcus go?