Friday, December 26, 2008

2007 A.J. Adam Riesling Kabinett

Back in June I met fellow blogger Lyle Fass in New York City for a wine exchange - I passed him bottles of Donnhoff's Weissburgunder "S" and Grauburgunder "S", and he gave me a bottle of Marcillac and tonight's wine, the 2007 A.J. Adam Riesling Kabinett. A hint of flowers on the nose when first poured, revealing notes of honeyed limes, apricot, quince and wet stones as it warmed. A textbook palate: soft and slightly off dry, with a limey, tangy texture, a subtle effervescence, good acid and fine minerality. Simple but incredibly well-balanced, polished, and flavourful.
Score: 17/20
Price: barter

Lyle pitched this as a great value and from the prices I can find on the web I would agree - many thanks!

2 comments:

David McDuff said...

Thanks for the note, Joe. I haven't had the opportunity to taste anything from AJ Adam yet. I also haven't done a stellar job of living up to my '08 resolution of drinking more (and different) Rieslings. I'll have to repeat and improve in '09.

Happy new year, mate.

Joe said...

It's been a good year for me and Riesling. The great thing about resolutions is that they can easily be repeated year after year...Happy New Year!