- I am not divorced (at least not yet, unless I plan Sideways "3"), and my buddy was not getting married.
- We did not drive a convertible, and I did NOT have to rescue his wallet (even though he tried to lose it...).
- I am not a huge fan of Pinot Noir and I love a good Merlot.
- It was overpriced/overhyped Napa, not quiet little Santa Barbera.
- The feature wine was not a dying bottle of Cheval Blanc in a paper cup at a diner, but a BV Georges de Latour Private Reserve at a swank Napa bistro.
Despite my obsession with wine, I have never done much wine travel, so this was, well, freakin' amazing! Over a brutal, mind-numbing, three-day stretch, we visited an astonishing (only to those that don't know me) 14 wineries (in order of appearance):
Clos du Val