Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sideways "2" - Trip to Napa

My proposed script for Sideways "2" is a much less entertaing sequel, and points towards box office failure. Starring a Blackberry-toting neurotic wine freak, the plot deviates substantially from the original thereafter:
  1. I am not divorced (at least not yet, unless I plan Sideways "3"), and my buddy was not getting married.
  2. We did not drive a convertible, and I did NOT have to rescue his wallet (even though he tried to lose it...).
  3. I am not a huge fan of Pinot Noir and I love a good Merlot.
  4. It was overpriced/overhyped Napa, not quiet little Santa Barbera.
  5. The feature wine was not a dying bottle of Cheval Blanc in a paper cup at a diner, but a BV Georges de Latour Private Reserve at a swank Napa bistro.
With such a weak plot-line, a rewrite may be necessary to save myself the rejection letter from the studios!

Despite my obsession with wine, I have never done much wine travel, so this was, well, freakin' amazing! Over a brutal, mind-numbing, three-day stretch, we visited an astonishing (only to those that don't know me) 14 wineries (in order of appearance):

Gloria Ferrer
Domaine Carneros
Artesa
Luna Vineyards
Sinskey Vineyards
Clos du Val
Domaine Chandon
Steltzner Vineyards
Beaulieu Vineyards
St. Clement
Cardinale
Plumpjack
Opus One
Elyse Winery

No comments: